Saturday, February 28, 2015

50 Days of Chocolate: 15

The large, crunchy yet gooiest, yummiest chocolate chip chunk cookie I've had in years, was brought to me by Caitlin Allen as we had another long wait at Memorial Sloan Kettering. The outer cookie was buttery crisp and it is a wonder how it can hold so much dark, and I presume milk, chips of chocolate. Sweet but not too sweet, and all melted choco goodness. Ah... She bought them from Culture Expresso, an expresso bar on 72 W. 38th Street.
I was so happy to see Cait, cuddle, and devour the cookie, that later, while in the chemo suite, a man and wife came up to us. He said, "If I had had a camera, I'd have had a Pulitzer Prize winning shot of the two of you, so much love!" I told him I was very lucky in both my daughters. "You have another one like this!?'" he exclaimed. "Different and just as delicious," I said. "What a lucky woman you are. And I agreed.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, My name is Danny, I'm a friend of Erica. I love reading your Blogs. I am a big fan of you Claudia Carlson. I am also a committed Chocoholic. Have you tried and I not kidding Dark Chocolate with Bacon in it. It is fantastic. I highly recommend. And I have met Caitlin and Nattie, they are fantastic young ladies. Much regards

Sincerely

Danny S