Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cat sitting

Yesterday my neighbor Bianca showed up with three cats, one of them snarling, which we stowed in my daughter's bedroom. Only for the day, while Bianca's walls got painted. She was bemoaning the fact that the landlord had insisted on replacing her brilliant hues with white. Just and only white. No more bordello red hallway. No more lime and turquoise. But with a name like Bianca, Karmic joke?

All day long the dog and cat that reside in my place approached the bedroom door and made small noises at the three cats inside. I felt as if it were a game show. Who is that mystery guest behind the closed door?

It is the 5 month anniversary of quitting my job and going freelance. I am surrounded by small furry beings and deadlines. And feeling pretty good about it all. Go figure.

No comments: